Current Price: $49
KeepKey is a pen-drive form of a hardware wallet that uses the same offline, cold-storage technique for your public and private keys, as well as a backup seed phrase if your KeepKey is lost or damaged.
KeepKey was created to operate in tandem with the ShapeShift currency exchange platform, making it simple to safely trade multiple currencies. KeepKey’s software is completely open-source, and you can also check it on GitHub to cross-verify it.
KeepKey is a hardware wallet with some impressive security features. It is protected by a personalized pin code of your choice, which makes it secure against physical theft.
The hardware wallet is significantly larger than other well-known crypto wallets, however, it doesn’t hinder the usage mechanism. It is simple to set it up and transact digital assets.
- KeepKey is a USB HID-class device.
- KeepKey generates your Bitcoin private key using its hardware-based random number generator, combined with randomness provided by your computer.
- KeepKey is virus and malware proof; because it does not have an operating system, the layers that viruses, malware, and key loggers infect do not exist on the device.
- Your private key is stored securely on your KeepKey, never leaving the device. Your KeepKey is PIN-protected, which renders it useless even if it falls into the wrong hands.
- WARNING: Beware of fraudulent services that may ask for your recovery phrase. Always remember that no person, company, or wallet should ever be asking for your private key/recovery phrase and the only time you would need to enter this information is to recover your wallet. Please contact our customer support team if you have any questions.
What’s in the Box: KeepKey Hardware Wallet, Woven Nylon USB Cable, Recovery Sentence Backup Card.
Shipping: Free shipping within the United States. For a limited time, we are offering discounted shipping on international orders. If shipping internationally, the shipping recipient could be subject to import duty and taxes.
Support: Chrome and Brave browsers. Optimized for MacOS. Not recommended for Windows.